West Hills offers a variety of optional activities outside the normal coursework to enhance student learning and create a positive school culture.
In years where there is enough student interest, we offer:
- Jazz Band - before school rehearsals held daily, with performances at assemblies and also some evenings
- Mariachi Band - after school rehearsals, with performances at assemblies and also some evenings
- Musical - after school rehearsals held almost daily in the Spring, with four night/weekend performances
- Student Talent Show - rehearsals after school in the days leading up to the Spring performances at school assemblies
- Intramural Sports Activities - when there is enough student interest to form teams, various sports activities are offered after school approximately 3 days each month
- MESA - after school activity is held each month, with quarterly "Passing for Pancakes" activity to celebrate success in learning
- CATFOOD Activities - after school cooking activity held each month
- Wildcat PRIDE Breakfast - students are recognized for showing the PRIDE character traits with a breakfast provided in partnership with Chick-fil-a and a recognition certificate
- be Proactive
- have Respect
- demonstrate Integrity
- have Determination
- show Enthusiasm
- CATS - goal setting and self-improvement program in the areas of character, academics, talents and service. Students have the opportunity to each recognition by completing varies levels in each category.
- Service Learning - (approx. 60 students, 15-20 each session) - students knit hats on looms as an enrichment activity during our LEAP intervention period. We donate the hats to the Road Home Shelter.