LADY GRIZZ FALL BASKETBALL CAMP for grades 8, 9, and 10
Fall Basketball Camp for 8th, 9th, and 10th grade girls begins Saturday, Sept. 3 at 9:30 am in the CH main gym!
Registration will take place Sept. 3 at 9:00 am before camp opens. You will need a completed Form B and payment in the form of cash, credit card, or check for $75 made out to Copper Hills High School. All players grades 8 - 10, regardless of playing experience or ability are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Fall Camp Schedule:
Saturday, Sept. 3 9:30 - 11:30 am
Saturday, Sept. 10 9:30 - 11:30 am
Monday, Sept. 19 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Monday, Sept. 26 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 1 9:30 - 11:30 am
Monday, Oct. 10 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Monday, Oct. 17 7:00 - 9:00 pm
For more information go to ladygrizzlyhoops.blogspot.com
Join the West Jordan Police!
Come participate in a summer activities program for both boys and girls
Boys and Girls summer program
Ages: 5th through 9th graders, for the fall 2016 school year.
Who: Boys and Girls
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday immediately, through August 18, 2016
Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Tuesday and Thursday
Cost: $20.00, this fee covers the entire summer and includes a T-shirt
Locations: Tuesday’s activity will be at the main city park, 1985 West 7800 South
Thursday’s activity will be at Sunset Ridge Middle School, 8292 S Skyline Arch Drive.
Registration: Email us at WJPDPAL@wjordan.com
Or just show up and register
We are having activities EVERY Tuesday and Thursday. Come to one or come to them all. These activities are open to all so bring your friends
Activities: Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, Softball, Flag Football, Kick Ball, Karate, and whatever else sounds fun. This is just a good time for the police and the kids of community to have a good time.
Like us on Facebook- Police Athletic League - PAL West Jordan
We appreciate the hard work and efforts of the over 500 students who have not been tardy during the third quarter. All of our students, however, need to be aware that participation in fourth quarter activities will be dependent on their behavior, attendance, and tardies. Students with conduct concerns, excessive unexcused absences, truancies, or more than 10 tardies will not be able to participate in fourth quarter assemblies, memory book signing parties, and other activities. Additionally, ninth grade students with conduct concerns, excessive unexcused absences, truancies, more than 10 tardies, or unpaid school fees will not be able to purchase a school bus ticket for Lagoon Day (students may still attend Lagoon on Lagoon Day, but will need to provide their own transportation to and from the park).
If you are interested in additional pictures for your student, please see the important Information below:
West Hills Middle School
Spring Picture Day: Friday, April 8
Picture Day ID: UM665512Q0
Spring Picture Day is almost here!
Ordering online is quick, easy, and gives you a wide selection of choices:
- Go to mylifetouch.com
- Create your own package with the sizes and quantities you want.
- Pay online and send completed flyer with your child to Spring Picture Day to make sure your child is photographed.
Go to mylifetouch.com
The second edition of our school newspaper is ready to go. Click this link to download a copy!
Our student-led conferences will be on September 30 and October 1. These conferences give your student an opportunity to reflect on their learning and share a prepared portfolio of their work with you. In an effort to make scheduling easier, we will be doing the scheduling online. You will schedule your 20 minute appointment with your student’s TA teacher. After your scheduled appointment, you will have an hour to drop in and see your student’s other teachers. We hope to see you there!
Step-By-Step Parent/Guardian Instructions
- Visit the school’s homepage (westhills.jordandistrict.org) and select the Online Scheduler link from the Parents menu (the scheduling window is open September 14-25).
- From the Online Scheduler Home Page
- Choose your student’s school from the drop down list and click “GO”
- Enter the school password (wildcats)
- Enter your student’s “Student ID”. If you do not know their Student ID, use the LOOKUP STUDENT ID button to find the ID
- Verify the student’s birth date
- A list with your student’s TA teacher will be displayed. Check the box next to the name of the TA teacher.
- If you have more than one student in the school you can see all of your students’ teacher’s schedules at one time by answering YES to this question “Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?” then repeat the steps above for your other students. If you only have one student, answer NO to that question.
- You will then see the available time slots for the teacher you selected.
- Select the time that works best for your schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you
- Once you have finished you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment)
Need help? Contact the school’s Online Scheduler™ specialist:
Name: Mr. Olson
Our Journalism class has published the first edition of our school newspaper. Copies were distributed to students through their homeroom period this week. Use the link below to download a copy.
Our first intramural of the year will be held on September 22, 23, and 24. We will be playing soccer on the back field of the school from 3-4 PM. Anyone is welcome to come play. Students will need to arrange their own rides home at 4 PM, as there will not be a bus available and the building will be closed.
Our first PTSA dance will be Friday, September, 18, from 3-4 PM. The cost of the dance is $4. PTSA members get in free - a membership is only $6, which saves you $2 of you go to both dances this year!
A bus will be available after the dance for those students who normally ride the bus home.